Who Can Participate?
- Military and veteran children and youth ages 24 and under
- Submissions from hidden helpers under age 18 must have a parent or guardian complete the contract/release form on their behalf.
How to Enter
- Respond to any of the following prompts:
- What is something you want people to know about being part of a military or veteran family?
- Tell us about a time you had to be brave for your family.
- Tell us your favorite story or memory about your family.
- Entries can be in the form of writing, drawing, film, photography, or any creative practice.
- The deadline for submissions is January 20, 2023.
- We’ll announce the winners and award some pretty sweet prizes in April 2023, in honor of April – Month of the Military Child.
- The submission portal will remain open after this initial deadline, as we want to encourage our community members to continue sharing their remarkable stories.
Do you know a military or veteran child or youth who is interested in sharing their story?
Encourage them to enter the Untold Story Challenge for a chance to win prizes and be featured by the Elizabeth Dole Foundation.
Special thanks to The History Channel and A&E Networks for making this challenge possible
Learn More About Hidden Helpers
Together, we must recognize our nation’s hidden helpers who are providing an unseen, unrecognized, and unsupported national service.