We know this is a challenging time.
We will get through this together.
We recognize this is a stressful and anxious time for many.
We understand that a number of the military and veteran families we serve may be at an elevated risk for COVID-19 and encourage everyone to take all recommended precautions to avoid any complications.
The Elizabeth Dole Foundation is working overtime to bring community members like you information, resources, and assistance as our nation battles this pandemic. We’re continuing to monitor the rapidly-changing situation and evolving our programmatic support to address the most pressing needs. Please know we’re here to support you now and in the weeks and months ahead.
To quote our Hidden Heroes Campaign Chair Tom Hanks who tested positive for the virus, “Play things right… The medical officials have protocols that must be followed. Take care of yourselves!” Better, brighter days are ahead.
Keep scrolling for resources we’ve developed to support you and your families during this time.
Caregiver Community Connection
Caregiver Community Connection (C3) is an interactive web series that aims to empower, inspire, and engage America’s military, veteran, and family caregivers. Powered by Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), C3 educates caregivers about tools, resources, and strategies to help them thrive; combats isolation in the caregiver community by encouraging peer connection; and provides uplifting content that promotes positivity and gives caregivers an opportunity to recharge.
Helpful COVID-19 Information for Caregivers
Elizabeth Dole Foundation Is here for you
We will get through this together
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NEWS & RESOURCES:
- UPDATED: November CDC Travel Guidelines during COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs – Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- TRICARE- Coronavirus Guidance
- Military Health System – DHA Coronavirus Response
- Coronavirus – DOD Response
- Campaign for Inclusive Care COVID-19 Tip Sheet
- EDF & AARP: Supporting Military, Veteran, & Family Caregivers in a Pandemic
- AARP Preparedness for Caregivers during COVID-19
- Red Cross COVID-19 Safety Fact Sheet for Family Caregivers
- Comcast Internet Essentials: Connecting low income veteran families to home internet
- Our Joint Statement: Support Family Caregivers
- PATRIOTlink from Code of Support: Identify the right support for you and your family
- Vets4Warriors: 24/7 Live Peer Support Line
- AT&T Access: Affordable home internet options to help military and veteran families stay connected
- Acceso de AT&T: Hacemos que Internet residencial sea económico para ti
- Our CEO @Schwab_S looks forward to joining this important dialogue with @WeArePREVENTS on Caregiver #MentalHealth.… https://t.co/UDOHGyfhed
- .@DeptVetAffairs Community Town Hall with @SecWilkie TODAY at 1pm EST. Important Q&A for veterans, caregivers, and… https://t.co/w8ee6Tx4wI
- Self-care does not mean "me first" – it means "me too." How are you giving back to yourself this week?… https://t.co/L5B9pnrYXR
- Tonight! Exclusive Virtual Watch Party of @SkyBlossomFilms, a film charting the stories of military caregiver kids… https://t.co/EqY8wSStbY
Submit a Question
How has COVID-19 impacted you? Tell us how we can help.