We know this is a challenging time.
We will get through this together.
We recognize this is a stressful and anxious time for many.
We understand that a number of the military and veteran families we serve may be at an elevated risk for COVID-19 and encourage everyone to take all recommended precautions to avoid any complications.
The Elizabeth Dole Foundation is working overtime to bring community members like you information, resources, and assistance as our nation battles this pandemic. We’re continuing to monitor the rapidly-changing situation and evolving our programmatic support to address the most pressing needs. Please know we’re here to support you now and in the weeks and months ahead.
To quote our Hidden Heroes Campaign Chair Tom Hanks who tested positive for the virus, “Play things right… The medical officials have protocols that must be followed. Take care of yourselves!” Better, brighter days are ahead.
Keep scrolling for resources we’ve developed to support you and your families during this time.
Caregiver Community Connection
Caregiver Community Connection (C3) is an interactive web series that aims to empower, inspire, and engage America’s military, veteran, and family caregivers. Powered by Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), C3 educates caregivers about tools, resources, and strategies to help them thrive; combats isolation in the caregiver community by encouraging peer connection; and provides uplifting content that promotes positivity and gives caregivers an opportunity to recharge.
Helpful COVID-19 Information for Caregivers
Elizabeth Dole Foundation Is here for you
We will get through this together
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NEWS & RESOURCES:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs – Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- TRICARE- Coronavirus Guidance
- Military Health System – DHA Coronavirus Response
- Coronavirus – DOD Response
- CIC-Covid19 Tip Sheet
- EDF & AARP: Supporting Military, Veteran, & Family Caregivers in a Pandemic
- AARP Preparedness for Caregivers during COVID-19
- Comcast Internet Essentials: Connecting low income veteran families to home internet
- Our Joint Statement: Support Family Caregivers
- PATRIOTlink from Code of Support: Identify the right support for you and your family
- Vets4Warriors: 24/7 Live Peer Support Line
- AT&T Access: Affordable home internet options to help military and veteran families stay connected
- Acceso de AT&T: Hacemos que Internet residencial sea económico para ti
In uncertain times like these, our work to support America’s military and veteran families is more important than ever. Your gift today will provide critical programs to reach the most vulnerable families in our community and ensure military caregivers across the country can access the support they need to care for themselves and their wounded warriors throughout this pandemic.
- Join us in thanking @wwp for their $1 million grant to our Foundation to provide 35,000 hours of no-cost respite ca… https://t.co/1zmFFd42Ik
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. "-Steve JobsMilitary and veteran caregivers can find supp… https://t.co/1OIhl24Oc7
- September is #SuicidePreventionMonth, a time to share resources & check in with the people we care about. If you or… https://t.co/ztzZf6Y74U
- Military & veteran caregivers - what could you do with the gift of time? What if you came home from a day of self-c… https://t.co/WRzEvZJaRB
Submit a Question
Have a question for our team related to COVID-19? We’d love to hear it.